Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Rove in the limelight

Big Media has picked up the Karl Rove story with a vengeance. It's wonderful to see them finally hold this administration accountable for past actions and statements. The NY Times has a story with a link to several transcripts of statements from both Bush and his spokesman, Scott McClellan that are particularly painful to read:

Scott McClellan at a briefing Sept. 29, 2003.
Q. All right, let me just follow up. You said this morning, quote, "The president knows that Karl Rove wasn't involved." How does he know that?
A. Well, I've made it very clear that it was a ridiculous suggestion in the first place. I saw some comments this morning from the person who made that suggestion backing away from that. And I said it is simply not true. So - I mean, it's public knowledge I've said that it's not true.
Q. Well, how …
A. And I have spoken with Karl Rove. I'm not going to get into conversations that the president has with advisers or staff, or anything of that nature. That's not my practice.
Q. But the president has a factual basis for knowing that Karl Rove …
A. Well, I said it publicly. I said that - and so, I've made it very clear.
Q. I'm not asking what you said, I'm asking if the president has a factual basis for saying - for your statement that he knows Karl Rove …
A. He's aware of what I said, that there is simply no truth to that suggestion. And I have - I have spoken with Karl about it.…

This, my friends, is going to be interesting. So many questions, so many inconsistencies, so much fodder for The Daily Show.
Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

At 04:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-'He (Rove) later told a grand jury the e-mail was consistent with his recollection that his intention in talking with Cooper that Friday in July 2003 wasn't to divulge Plame's identity but to caution Cooper against certain allegations Plame's husband was making, according to legal professionals familiar with Rove's testimony.'

Intention?
Recollection? - I guess it worked for Reagan, why not try again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|