Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Accountability

What I find amazing about Brown's [director of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency] resignation is his reasons for doing so as you can read in his (official) statement:
"I think it's in the best interest of the agency and the best interest of the President to do that, and get the media focused on the good things that are going on, instead of me."
So basically, he is not resigning because he did anything wrong or because people died and he feels bad, no, he's resigning because of the media. That's clearly what his statement implies.
In case you doubt that he's been blaming the media, here's another illustration (extract form an email sent by Bornw to a friend):
I don't mind the negative press (well, actually, I do, but I try to ignore it) but it is really wearing out the family. No wonder people don't go into public service. This country is devouring itself, the 24-hour news cycle is numbing our ability to think for ourselves.

There is something quite evident about this administration from top to bottom, the word " accountability" is not part of their vocabulary. -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|