Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Decider In Chief!

When asked if he listened to the 6 retired Generals who called for Rumsfeld to step down yesterday, Bush answered this :
"I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision,And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job." he said.
"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."
On the one hand, nobody had doubts that Bush is hearing "the voices", (and we are glad that "his IS the final decision!) but on the other hand, we are not sure he is the 'decider'. In fact, most of us didn't even know the word 'decider' even existed in English (but it does). It's like "entrepreneur" - must be one of those French words again!

NOTE: Imagine if, by accident, Bush had a slip of tongue (which is SO unlilkely) and said something like 'I'm the dictator' (or 'the dictcider!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|