Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Big Finale.

For all the bad of the Bush presidency has done, if there is one good thing we will certainly miss after he leaves office, it is his "Bushisms" whose entertaining values have no equal in politics, and I just sort-of-sadly realized that we are seeing the end of an era. But the finale is going to be spectacular, given all the exit interviews W. is about to give.
And he met all our expectations on his first of his exit interview-on ABC :
Gibson: Do you feel in any way responsible for what's happening?

Bush: You know, I'm in president during this period of time but I think.. uh when the history of this period is written people will realize a lot of the decisions.. uh that were made on Wall Street took place over you know a- a decade or so, before I arrived in president, during I arrived in president.

I'm sorry it's happening of course, obviously I don't like the idea of people losing jobs or being worried about their 401Ks. On the other hand, the American people got to know that- that ... uh ...we will safeguard the system, I mean we're in, and if we need to be in more, we will.

(For more more analysis on this great quote, go to Language Log)

Jon Stewart had the most appropriate conclusion on this one : Do we really have to build this guy a library? (i.e presidential library where they keep all the records)

We may not be the only ones regretting him.

Other than form, content is the really the scary part, not only did he admit this :

GIBSON: What were you most unprepared for?
BUSH: Well, I think I was unprepared for war.

A war the killed 4,200 Americans and and possibly about 1 million Iraqis... Ooops!

And his greatest regret? : the mistake of others :
"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq. A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said, you know ... the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein. It wasn't just people in my administration, and um ...
You know, that's not a do-over, but I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|