Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting the facts right - US Media and the French protest.

Jerome-a-Paris on Daily Kos has some interesting remarks on the American coverage of the protests in France and on the numbers of youth unemplyment given in the media. Good start for a discussion. This is how it starts:

As France goes through another day of protests, the coverage in the US press is so appallingly bad that I am not surprised by some of the comments in my previous diaries, by people that are shocked by the seemingly irrational behavior of the French.

Let me say it as directly as I can: most of the coverage I have seen is either wilfully ignorant or purposedly lying, and they repeat a number of falsehoods about the French labor market that are, quite simply, shocking.

Let me try to correct the record.

(the rest can be read here)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|