Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bush's Model of Democracy - Iraq!

How can Bush be so blind as to hold Iraq as a model of democracy and throws that at Russian President Putin? How can he undermine his own reasoning so much?
"I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world like Iraq where there's a free press and free religion,'' Bush told a news conference with Putin after their talks. "I told him that a lot of people in our country would hope that Russia would do the same thing.''
"We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy as they have in Iraq, I will tell you quite honestly,'' Putin shot back. (Bloomerg)
So Putin is not interested in having freedom as they do in Iraq... My! I wonder why....
Here's the video (via Think Progress) - and judging from the audience's reaction, people thought the whole thing was pretty ridiculous too. Well, maybe, Bush was actually trying to be funny.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|